It’s a wonderful feeling when you are nominated for your first blogging award. Yes I know it’s almost close to nothing when you know that this award is given by fellow bloggers and apparently thousands of us have it in our first month or year of blogging. However, the opportunity to know more about the bloggers around the world definitely makes it a special one.
A big thank you to Monika of ‘How’s my life’ for nominating me for this award which has surely motivated me to continue with what I have started.
So here’s the Q&A
Who inspires you to start a blog?
There are a number of travel bloggers across the globe who have been doing this wonderful job of sharing their travel experiences and also guiding amateur travelers with interesting travel hacks and tips. However, Nomadic Matt has been a true inspiration.
Why did you choose to start a travel blog?
After I started traveling, I felt the need to share my travel experiences with fellow travelers and also put forward few travel tips that would enrich their travel experiences. I also want to display my part time travel adventures around the world.
Share something about your city that you’re proud of
I come from a small town named ‘Vasai’ which is located in the Suburbs of Mumbai. This small town was once of more importance than Mumbai when it was ruled by the Portuguese in the 16th century. And hence it carries rituals, cuisines and religion inspired by the Portuguese. In spite of being located close to the commercial capital of India, Mumbai; Vasai has kept intact a lot of its old traditions which you will be able to see if at all you end up here on a day trip when in Mumbai.
Does your family & friends know about your blogging life? How do they react?
Yes, my family and friends do know about my blog. Many of my friends do help me share my articles on the social media. While my parents aren’t much into this Internet thing (exception being Whatsapp), my friends have been a constant support.
What’s your best travel experience so far?
It’s very difficult to point out a single travel experience as the best one, especially for someone who likes to gel in with the atmosphere and culture of every place. There are numerous experiences in India and abroad that I will cherish lifelong and are 100 % unforgettable once. However, if I have to choose one, it will be my 2k16 Euro trip last year when I traveled solo for the first time covering 7 countries and 11 cities in one month.
What’s your top 5 bucket-list places to visit
- Algarve, Portugal
- Leh Ladakh, India
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Bali, Indonesia
- Santorini & Mykonos, Greece
What destinations have you visited and surprised you?
GRAZ. I was astoundingly surprised by the beauty of this tiny city in Austria that I had just chosen as a stopover on my way to Vienna. This little city is surrounded by lush green mountains from all sides that add to its beauty. This place had a homely atmosphere that gulped me just when I reached there. I did wonder a few times as to why would I feel so different here than from all those famous places such as Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague that I had always wanted to go to. But I guess that’s the reason why we travel. To wander in search of a magical place and yes Graz, definitely ticked the box.
Which destination did you find had the best food? What was it?
When it comes to food, I can think of no other place but home. Be it my hometown or be it anywhere in India. For me food is all about taste and spices. So for me, no spices means no food (practically that would mean I stayed hungry in Europe :p haha but yes I really craved for Indian food while traveling).
What are your top tips for anyone wanting to go traveling for the first time?
Close your eyes, book your tickets and just fly to wherever you want to go. If you keep thinking about money or safety or whatever it is that is holding you back, you are never going to make it. All you need to do is gather courage and say “Yes, that’s my destination, everything else will follow.
Name your next destination and explain why you chose this place
Recently I have been planning a trip to Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand. This is because I have planned to travel across Europe for next few years, but only on the even numbers. So that would mean, following my trips in 2014 and 2016, next Euro trip will be in 2018. So I was wondering where should I go to and first thing that clicked my mind was Asia. So as Bali and Bangkok are among the top 5 on my bucket list, Indonesia and Thailand had to be my next trip.
My nominees are
- Oana Silviana – Fairytale Traveller – Călător de Poveste
- Emma, Ahmed and Andrea – Little Voyage
- Eint Chu Hlaing – A Burmese Abroad
- Petro Marais – World Mission 196
- Darwin Corpuz – Daz Vagabond – Nomad on the Road
- Kalyan Panja – Travtasy – A Luxury Travel & Food Blog
- Jess Lemire – Lost Coconuts
- Shailesh Pahuja – My Heart on the road
- Katka Gasmanova – Explorer of the World
- Priya Ahuja – Pirate Compass
- Tom Kendall – Tom Kendall
10 Questions to you are
- How would you describe your traveling style? (Ex: budget friendly or make no compromises)
- What is your long term plan with travel blogging?
- What are some places you would like visit but can’t due to current political situations?
- What hobbies do you have outside of traveling?
- What or where is your next travel destination or trip?
- What is your favourite travel dish and where can we go eat it?
- What are the top 5 places are on your bucket list?
- How do you finance your travels?
- What was the best experience that you had while traveling?
- How did you come up with your blog name?
And the rules are
- Display the award on your blog and write a post about the award.
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- Answer the questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 5 – 10 blogs that you feel deserve the award.
- Give the nominees 10 questions to answer on their blog.
- List these rules in your post.
- Notify the nominees of the Liebster Award and ask if they would be happy to accept? If so, send them a link to your post.